Yarrowia Lipolytica is completely natural.
Nutrients of particularly high importance provided by Yarrowia lipolytica yeast in the HOCOR supplements are:
- a full scope of exogenous amino acids, exceeding the standard,
- bioactive selenium in valuable organic complexes with sulphuric amino acids: selenomethionine and selenocysteine,
- all necessary microelements, with particularly high content of zinc, manganese and cobalt,
- macroelements that regulate the electrolyte balance: calcium, sodium, potassium, chlorides,
- unsaturated fatty acids, including linoleic acid with its valuable omega-3 bonds,
- vitamin B complex,
- bioactive substances: cytrulline maleate, alpha ketoglutarate and kynurenic acid.
Yarrowia lipolytica are dimorphic yeast forming cream-coloured, irregular colonies with numerous hyphae. They occur naturally in margarine, cereal plants, high-protein meat products, vegetables, frozen food and wine.
They belong to non-pathogenic microorganisms, and processes it participates in have the status of „Generally Recognised as Safe” (GRAS). Contrary to Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast processing simple sugars, the strain uses fats (vegetable fatty acids, including unsaturated acids) as a source of carbon and energy.
The unique Yarrowia lipolytica strain used in HOCOR Supplements has been selected from numerous previously tested strains. An exceptionally favourable biomass production capacity was achieved, along with a significant tolerance to unfavourable culture conditions, including increasing osmotic pressure and relatively low pH of the medium. As a result, biomass with a very high nutritional value was obtained.
Due to its unique physiological and biochemical properties the strain offers a huge biotechnological potential.
*Our own sports horses above benefit from HOCOR feed and supplements
It is characterised by a high protein content between 40 and 47%, high dry mass content (97%) and low raw ash content (5%). Protein from that yeast is particularly valuable, because of high content of lysine. It is also characterised by good absorbability. Also the high phenylalanine, valine, tryptophan and isoleucin content is notable. Moreover, protein from Yarrowia lipolytica yeast has a high biological value of 80 %.
Use in nutrition - Read More